Parents as Teachers School Readiness Program provides in-home visitation for families of children birth to age five. Parents and / or caregivers receive support and resources to help them ensure their child has a positive start to their school experience. As parents, we are our child’s first teacher. Your engagement with your child is important since critical brain development happens in the first 2,000 days of life.
In home visits create family-centered engagement opportunities that:
- Promote good parenting habits by connecting with parents in a familiar environment—their home.
- Increase positive parent-child interactions.
- Foster parent understanding at each age and stage of a child’s development.
- Conduct developmental screenings to help parents understand how their child is growing and recognize their strengths.
- Refer families for services with community partners.
- Host monthly parenting groups with family-centered activities.
This program is free to qualifying families. To receive more information contact: Hannah Vinson at 336-472-4666